There's a couple of things that I (and friends) can say I'm not. I'm not simple, nor am I conforming. When I throw a party, I go all out to impress. Not only must the place be immaculate, but I place particular stress on details.
Throwing a party is NOT just 'throwing a party'. You can't just throw things at your guests and expect them to have fun catching. You throw a party with the objective of ensuring not only the spread is exceptional, but so that everybody remembers the fun they had as a guest, and of how impressed they were with the host.
I never compromise on simplicity. I have a few rules I live by:
1) Food MUST always be exceptional.
2) Better more than not enough.
3) Never throw a half-hearted attempt of a party.
I go around correcting waitpersons who pronounce 'salmon' with the 'L'.
My husband blames me for the 3 inches he's gained around the waistline after living with me for 1 month.
I love all things beautiful. I made all the curtains in my house, and painted the colours onto the walls of my house (including the paintings).
I can't stand mis-matched bedlinen
I get irritated when my Vodkatini comes with only 1 (not 2!) olives.
I think I'm sometimes a gay man stuck in a petite women's body.
Its probably my place in this world to acknowledge these details, so how about, you do the 'have-fun' part, and I take care of the details?:)
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment